Remote Education/Home Learning
Remote Education/Home learning
Attendance is mandatory for all pupils of compulsory school age. Remote Education/Home learning is provided when in-person attendance is either not possible or contrary to government guidance.
This might include:
- occasions when school leaders decide that it is not possible for their setting to open safely, or that opening would contradict guidance from local or central government
- occasions when individual pupils, for a limited duration, are unable to physically attend their school but are able to continue learning, for example pupils with an infectious illness
Expectations of time spent on work per day:
- 3 hours a day on average across the cohort for key stage 1, with less for younger children
- 4 hours a day for key stage 2
Seesaw is the main tool being used by our school to enable effective home learning. The following guidance has been produced to inform parents and carers of the expectations of staff.
- Staff will post a daily maths and a daily English activity.
- KS1 will post a daily phonics activity and KS2 a daily GSP activity.
- Reading will be allocated daily.
- Staff will post a daily activity linked to topic or science work
- Any comments made by parents/carers must only be in relation to activities set. If you have any urgent questions or queries you should email the school inbox at email@example.com.
- Staff will respond to work submitted in a timely fashion however they will be teaching.
- There will be opportunity for the teacher to feedback to the pupils and peer feedback across the week depending on length of school closure.
Home learning packs may also be sent home to support children and families with their learning as well as printed resources. Support may be available for use of school chrome books.
Seesaw Help Video
This short video will show how you can use seesaw without having to print anything out
Using Seesaw Class at Home
This video will look at editing and posting work using the Seesaw Class app at home with your child’s home learning code.