Welcome to Burradon Community Primary School’s website!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website to find out about our happy school. We are a vibrant, busy and friendly school at the heart of the local community.
We were inspected in March 2022 and maintained our good rating. The HMI inspector stated that:
'Pupils are happy in school. There are many strong characters and personalities, but the diverse mix results in a marvellous blend where pupils bounce off each other and get along with great humour.' (OFSTED 2022)
Burradon Community Primary School prides itself on our standards of achievement across all areas of the school and the progress of each individual pupil in our small school.
This is because.... we have fantastic children who take pride in their achievements and are eager to learn. Burradon staff, pupils, parents, governors and local community work well together to form a strong and supportive learning community. We all want to be the best we can be!
This website aims to give you a taster of the range of experiences children at Burradon Community Primary School enjoy everyday, as well as providing regular information for both parents, carers and pupils.
Burradon Community Primary School is a small one form entry school which was built in 2006. As well as amazing children, we have…
- modern, well resourced classrooms each with an interactive whiteboard
- a 30 place ICT suite supplemented by iPads and chromebooks
- extensive outdoor learning areas including attractive yards, a woodland area and pond, growing areas, a school field and multi use games areas (MUGAs)
- strong links with our local community
Our before and after school provision consists of:
- childcare before school which starts at 7:30am every morning for FS1 (Nursery) to Year 6. - There is a small charge of £1:25 for this provision before breakfast club at 8am.
- a free breakfast club which runs from 8:00am every morning for FS1 (Nursery) to Year 6 sponsored by Greggs
- Burradon Fun Club (our out of school club) which operates until 5:30pm Monday to Friday (term time only) for FS1 (Nursery) to Year 6
- 30 hours provision in our Early Years Foundation Stage for eligible Nursery (FS1) children
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website and that you find the information you are looking for. If you have any questions or would like to come and have a look at what our school can offer your child, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thank you for visiting us!
Miss Angela Hunter
Watch this video to gain an insight into the wonderful experiences which take place at Burradon Community Primary School. It also gives prospective children and parents a chance to familiarise themselves with our school before you join us.
Welcome to Burradon Community Primary School